Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Town Called Clueless Discussion

+5
Zip
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Nayaby
Areada
9 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Lycanthrope Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Do you really want me to post Nayaby? I've been always waiting for Areada to post, xD

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Areada Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:10 am

Don't wait for meeeeee *feels terrible* I have complications in my life of much busy...

and pain. Lots of pain. Stupid pain. *twitch* ow.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Are you injured? Not during exam time! Gah, that's very unfortunate Sad

If you want to, go ahead and post Lycan. But I'll be nice and patient. That's what I love about you guys! We're close knit and all about fun. About a year ago, I tried hanging out with these "hardcore" roleplayers that wanted you to post 1000 words daily, and if you missed a day without giving prior notice you'd get a warning, and three warnings booted you out. They were pompous jerks that thought they were all the most magnificent amateur writers this side of Pompeii. Naturally, I teetered off to do my own thing after a couple days. Their "enrollment process" was a pain in the arse.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I had a very, very minor surgical procedure the other day. It was ridiculously small and insignificant, but my ARM STILL HURTS DAMMITALL.

Those other roleplayer dudes sound ridiculous. Silly pretentious people on the internetz...

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 pm

COOL! SURGERY BUDDIES!

I had open heart surgery to repair my aortic valve (it was regurgitating blood)!

Arm surgery is totally in the same vein Wink I hope it's not your writing arm!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Haha, I think I had about as far from that sort of surgery as possible. It was entirely insignificant, I was awake the entire time and it took all of eight minutes, seven and a half of which were the putting in of stitches. Just a tiny biopsy that probably was unneeded, but they can't be sure of weird skin things unless they put them under the microscope, so out it came. Unfortunately, however, it was in my shoulder, and it kind of makes everything sore on that side of my neck and arm.

Sorry about your surgery, though, that sounds kind of awful. But thank goodness for the wonders of modern medicine, right? I've been constantly amazed at how matter-of-fact and efficient the whole procedure was for me. And it was done by a resident, with the actual dermatologist just supervising and showing him her favorite knots to tie off stitches! Wonders!

Not my writing arm. Which is good. But, I can't carry a backpack for two or three weeks. This is problematic for my college textbook life.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Ah, no need to say sorry. I have a neat scar I can show off at the beach Very Happy

I wouldn't call your surgery insignificant either. Maybe it was a minor surgery, but if it helps you, or prevents rather unfortunate developments in the future, it's certainly significant!

The matter-of-factness of surgical procedures is interesting isn't it?

Apparently, I had a very interesting conversation about grammar with my nurses while I was under the severe influence of morphine. I wish I remembered it. According to one of my nurses, I showed "incredible awareness" for someone who was drugged.

But I suppose it's for the best that my memory is gone xD

Not being able to carry your backpack would be problematic :/ Maybe a single-shoulder book bag will be able to suffice for now? Fortunately, the year is nearly over, so not being able to carry many books may not have too much of an impact.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Pffffft. Book bags. Everyone knows satchels are the best things...ever.
---

As for Clueless, why don't we go to a funeral scene for Miss Waters? Or something. Good for, uhh...character development. Or something.

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 am

Iris has something to say, I think. I shall type it. I will. Then we can cut to the funeral. Good idea Zip. I completely forgot that funerals were a thing.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 am

Oh. Cut to the funeral.

...Ahh, we can do that next post. Sorry.

Oh, I'm intending for the clouds to rain spiced toast, but you can change it to regular water or something else if you want.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:36 am

Nayaby wrote:Are you injured? Not during exam time! Gah, that's very unfortunate Sad

If you want to, go ahead and post Lycan. But I'll be nice and patient. That's what I love about you guys! We're close knit and all about fun. About a year ago, I tried hanging out with these "hardcore" roleplayers that wanted you to post 1000 words daily, and if you missed a day without giving prior notice you'd get a warning, and three warnings booted you out. They were pompous jerks that thought they were all the most magnificent amateur writers this side of Pompeii. Naturally, I teetered off to do my own thing after a couple days. Their "enrollment process" was a pain in the arse.

I've seen a lot of RP sites like that, when I was browsing around after the... second? MG forums died, and I wanted to RP. Some sent me spam messages, saying I need to post or my account would close, blah blah blah. None of the RPs/people were as good as ours, and that's just a little bias-y. Wink
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Woo! I was totally able to write a decent post fron my phone!

Areada, if possible could you open up Magnificence: An Overview for universal editing? I just don't feel I've been keeping up as well as I should have, and others may wish to add things.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon May 28, 2012 12:21 am

I can certainly attempt to do something of the kind. xD
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 am

I was thinking to write a fairly large, semi few-days passing post on Clueless tomorrow. Would that be cool? I would like to get some of the formal investigation stuff done and over with so we can maybe work more with intrigue/suspicion/new bad guys.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon May 28, 2012 8:26 am

I'd be good with that. In fact, it may actually be a bit helpful for me.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah, I felt we've been writing into a bit of a corner with the investigative parts. I'd like to free everyone up from that so they can go about their business.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Ok, read Clueless and this board. First of all-

The correct phrasing is "Insignificant blue dot in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy".

As for life not having a point, the point is survival. The grand purpose of life is to survive, everything about life is geared to the continuation of itself.

Now, for clueless:

I've been thinking about my villain, and he will rely entirely on Blood Magic. He sees magic based off SO as not pure, and wishes to purify magic by destroying or otherwise rendering useless all of the SO- basically turning off everything that uses it. Will try to flesh out how later, and more as to his general attitude. The basis is that he fully believes himself to be doing the right thing, and therefore will most likely not be teaming up with Gwyneth.

Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm

I could contend your life point, Draco or at the very least elaborate upon it, but I shan't for today.

I like your villain. I think the idea of blood magic in this world is an interesting one, and should work really interestingly with some of the meta-villain ideas.

Would you like to talk to me about ideas to integrate your person into the plot as it is now or do you just want to have your person walk into town?
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm

That sounds like is could work out Draco. I originally intended for Gwyneth to work in the background anyway, and now she can keep working in the background for now. I have something somewhat major to occur soon planned though, but it mostly involves the Prince of Thieves and Artur, with Gwen only in the background.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 pm

I've got very nearly everything worked out. Will post later today.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon May 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Awesome sauceum!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon May 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Ahm, was busy today. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Enter Mahd. Dun DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN! :facemeltingfear:
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I promise to post sometime tomorrow. To be honest, writing on a phone is a real turn off... I want my laptop back!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 pm

A short post, but I made a committment and stuck to it!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 pm

So, ahh....

What now?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next