Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Town Called Clueless Discussion

+5
Zip
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Nayaby
Areada
9 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Nayaby Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Okay! I've been meaning to re-read Clueless anyway! I'll edit this post with a summery once I've done that. I'll also edit Magnificence: An Overview with new things.

Edit: Re-reading Clueless, I realize I described Artur's house as "a modest single-room home, circular and about five metres in diameter" but in my last post he went into the kitchen... hehe oops.

He totally magic'd up a kitchen just for the heck of it. Yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Nayaby Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Okay, so faceless redshirt (read as 'poor victim') Maryana Waters was found dead in the center of Town Square. Sheriff Iris headed the investigation. The next day the Rhorzan Riders Ete and Ral arrived, and they seem to know something important about Cardamon and her family. They're creepy, but not villainous as of yet. Meanwhile, another creepy fellow named Bradley is stalking Mandy.

Soon after, your character Doc was found sleeping in a pool of blood next to another stabbed murder victim. Oh, and Opal and Emerald are behind the murders somehow (but our characters still don't know it). Despite the incriminating evidence, Iris didn't arrest Doc because it was too outlandish that somebody would murder someone, then nap in the pool of blood (ignoring the fact that a psychopath or someone high on crazy pills could very well do just that Razz)

The Priestesses of Vot performed a ritual for the murdered victims the next few days later. Siraj (employed by Gwyneth to steal something from Artur) disguised himself as a visiting priestess from another town because he couldn't resist trying to steal Vot's Crown as a side quest. Meanwhile, Iris is continuing the investigation, Cardy and Theo have a 'pleasant' conversation with a jerk named Fyrrn, Jarvis recovered the Crown which Artur 'returned' on behalf of Siraj, and the mad man Mahd marches (un)merrily to Clueless!

Did that help?

Doc could be at the sheriff's office about to be interviewed, or mulling over the fact that he woke up with a brutally murdered person, or trying to make a getaway? Perhaps he'll know Siraj when he sees him. Siraj may have used him as a fence at some point?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Something relatively important to my characters, but not particularly important to the main plot, is about to happen :O

But the main plot will require Areada to continue *hinthint*
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Despite the clearly passionate love affair going on between his nose and the floor, Siraj forced them apart and stood up dazed, Tortimer still hanging on to the finger by his beak.

Quote of the day, right there.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Aww, thanks. It was actually a continuation of a joke from my previous post:

“Did somebody get the license plate number of that horseless carriage?” Not-Mirabelle mumbled, sitting himself up and rubbing his nose, which had been rather forcefully and intimately introduced to the floor.

Part of me wants to make it a running gag, but running gags can kill the humour.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh really? What do you mean? I always thought that if they weren't forced, they added a fun sense of continuity to the story.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 pm

If they aren't forced, they can. Sometimes running gags are abused ad nauseum. I won't force it them, haha.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Nayaby wrote:If they aren't forced, they can. Sometimes running gags are abused ad nauseum. I won't force it them, haha.

Indeed.

Well. I guess I'll read Clueless and try to to get confused, because I really want to write a long, awesome-ish posts. (nods(

P.S. I made mz kezboard write German letters, so some of the kezs have shifted (as you can see, the z and the y, which I keep forgetting) and I havenät gotten used to it yet. (sigh(

Last edited by Elfie on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

bounce Woo! New direction for Bradley! I have big plans for him now... Smile And Mandy is so going to get more interesting soon, just wait. I need less 2d main characters. Only my villains are ever interesting. Sad I need to work on that...
But I like where they're gonna go now.

And I hope the Dynad thing is okay. If something is weird, or doesn't fit in with ya'lls plans, I can totally change it.

Also, just how tech-y is Clueless? I can always just use magic items, and plan to, but I'd still like to know for reference sake. Bradley and the Dynads need lots of gadgety things.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Magnificence seems to be one of those odd worlds with very loose medieval fantasy elements, but also a certain level of technology. Realistically, no society could develop in such a strange way, but it works in that it adds to Magsy's charm. I think photographs could definitely exist, as could whatever a "Transporter" is. I presume these bits of technology would be SO-powered though.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 am

Nayaby wrote:Magnificence seems to be one of those odd worlds with very loose medieval fantasy elements, but also a certain level of technology. Realistically, no society could develop in such a strange way, but it works in that it adds to Magsy's charm. I think photographs could definitely exist, as could whatever a "Transporter" is. I presume these bits of technology would be SO-powered though.
That's what I assumed. Definitely SO-powered. *nods* Heh, Transporter. In my head, it's like a computer-crystal ball merge thing. You can see and communicate with people, hence like the crystal ball (I'm thinking the Wizard of Oz type) and also send things. It looks more like the crystal ball, only very tiny, collapsible and not as round.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 am

r.i.p. captain ronnit.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11