Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

+5
MozytheHealer
Zip
Areada
Nayaby
redpoemage
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

Post by Areada Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

The forums actually have this roleplaying feature, I'm sort of stuck on how it works, though, but it involves dice-rolling and character sheets...
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

Post by Nayaby Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

That would be perfect if you could figure out how to make it work!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:06 pm

http://help.forumotion.com/t3347-the-rpg-feature

This looks helpful Fearless Leader Areada.

The RPG feature actually sounds... EPIC AMAZING!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 pm

It's certainly an interesting idea for a forum feature! I shall try to see if I can make it work functionally.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm

That looks pretty awesome.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:54 pm

How distopian Lycan! Definitely something interesting, I'll need a bit of time to come up with a compelling character for the setting Smile
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Inspired by 1, 6 sec clip from Avatar. All I needed. xD

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Somehow the idea of AfriCorp is taking over in my mind. Nobody expected the continent (sans Egypt and Libya) to unify under a single corporate entity. Over the years it became clear that the United States was too preoccupied with its ongoing wars to be able to deal with an Africa that would refuse to continue paying the ever increasing interest on the debts it owed the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Once the UN established world peace, this corporate entity (probably head-quartered in either South Africa or Botswana) would begin the systematic absorption of the rest of the continent over the course of a few decades. AfriCorp is now a world power to rival the United States, Russia, and China.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Excellent! I finally have a brief respite from work :O

And by brief respite I really mean I'm taking tonight off to my detriment tomorrow (but I don't have class on Fridays so that's okay!).

Anyway, this means I'll be posting in everything I'm in tonight and tomorrow morning!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 pm

You're a liar Nayab. A dirty, rotten liar!

I tried! I swear! Something came up...

How dare you fail to uphold a promise?

Forgive me!

No! *Force Lightning*

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Our chief weapon is surprise! And fear!

Actually, mostly fear. A bit of surprise, but, yeah. Fear.

Anyways, nice black uniforms! Yay!
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 pm

About this new RP. Is there some super-secret surprise planned, or is it actually about frolicking with butterflies and chipmunks?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

It's actually about frolicking.
Like, nothing is planned to happen, at all. Maybe exploring a cave, making flower chains, or building and racing boats, or singing.

The idea was just to have something -- just little background, puppy-play sort of stuff. Something we could all jump in or out of, as we have time -- nothing big, nothing that'll get held up if someone disappears. Like a bunch of Alice in Wonderlands, or Sylvie and Brunos, or Tom Sawyers, at most, all running around each other, stopping and starting up and leaving off...
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:45 am

Aha! Like that village RP we tried back on the Meteor Games forums. So then, there can be conflict right? Nothing over-the-top, of course, but more along the lines of Pete borrowed Goofy's lawnmower and won't give it back.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:46 am

Sure -- if you wanna conflict with someone.

Although in general I'd like it to mostly be less drama, more play. The way I'm imagining it is most interactions end in either a satisfied smile or giggling on the floor. That said, do what you want with it, because even if I wanted to be I'd be a terrible dictator.
Aequus
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:19 am

Eegh, super sorry for that garbage. In the process of living through my dumb coming of age story, I'm coming to the realization that writing probably won't be a strongsuit of mine.

However, when I read what you incredibly amazing fully cooked rotisserie chickens write, I'm definitely in awe of it.
(And I'm soooo sorry that every third post from me is a trashy soliloquy on how much I loooove you guys, but I think on some level, it really is true. All of you were a major part of my shameful, first years on the internet, and you guys got me through that. hhhhh

Once again, super sorry.)

I'll try to contribute what I can to the, uhh, roleplay. I like the possibilities~
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 pm

i literally still say the phrase "fully cooked rotisserie" chickens

anyway o, would the powers that be mind opening up the super secret skybound forum? i'm so sorry for making you two (friends areada and nayaby) feel bad about writing it in 2011, but thing o's have changed!
i weigh more! and mmh

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Only Areada has super Admin Powers, so I can't open the door I'm afraid. We got to about 15,000 words before life took over I guess. My new story is totally different. Well, sort of. A lot of common themes and recycled names (thinking of names is hard!) but a totally different plotline, and different species rather than just the humans of Skybound.

We could ask her to poke her head in on us though. I'll send her a message on FB if you like. I think you have her added as well.

2011 was a bad year all around. I gained weight after being broken up with, and had to contend with depression while in my first year of university. And apparently muscles begin to atrophy when you don't use them. I ended up calling a mulligan and things got better. Now I'm back to being only a little chubbs! Swimming is good!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:09 am

Look who showed up.

I still love you guys.

My life is hard and school takes over like nobody's business, but um like I would love to figure out a way to keep in touch more regularly, and maybe even creatively? Maybe we should create a one-sentence-story facebook chat. I don't know.

But I will make Skybound available for people to read. Not gonna lie, I wish I had the energy and creativity to actually keep working on it. But alas, for the time being I must go to college and do my Ancient Greek homework.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm

right right, i'm not going to lie, but i genuinely do wonder if any of those characters are base o'd on me.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Not consciously?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Not consciously...

???
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:14 am

Not consciously, in that I don't think either of us purposefully based a character on Zip. But it's possible he was some form of hidden inspiration, maybe? I don't actually know which character Zip is talking about though.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah. If we knew we could figure this out...

NOW I WANT TO KNOW
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4