Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

+5
MozytheHealer
Zip
Areada
Nayaby
redpoemage
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

Post by Areada Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 am

I eat a lot of bagels. They're the only really reliable cafeteria food, and that's only if they get them from an outside bakery, which luckily, my college does.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Redpoemage's Board for General Roleplaying Disscussion

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:41 am

I just googled "all the things generator" and found a neat meme generator website. Took all of 10 seconds to make that picture.

I do adore being adored though, so feel free to go on!

I'm a fan of my cafeteria food. They have quite a bit of variety, from chinese noodles to different "things that go with rice" dishes. And pizza, for the odd time that you want pizza. Pizza gets old quickly.

And if I want to treat myself after a test, I can get the most delicious salmon burger at the Canadian Grilling Company for a meal equivalency.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 am

My cafeteria is fairly lame. Or rather, cafeterias, due to multiple campuses. They have a good selection of bagels, and nice coffee, and decent soups, but the only other hot food is like nachos and pizza and hot dogs. Blech. If I'm starving for something other than a bagel, I get a yogurt or something.

I don't like to use it that much, because there's a ton of good restaurants nearby (including an Afghanistan cuisine place that is GLORIOUS), but this semester I don't have enough time to really go somewhere else for food. I will plan better next semester...

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:54 am

Oooh! Afghani cuisine is delicious! Have you ever tried a chapli kebab? It's an amazing spicy kebab with pomegranate seeds. Chapli kebabs + tandoori naan = a feast Henry the Eighth would envy.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

No, but I must. I must. Afghani cuisine is heavenly. They bring you bowls of naan and keep them filled, and their hummus plate is divine, and ahhh.

When I go with people, we always get a bunch of dishes and share around because it's all too delicious to only eat one dish. And they have this salad with this curry dressing they serve! That curry dressing is the only salad dressing in the world for me...
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:01 am

Good. That's how you're supposed to eat Afghani food! None of this "I'll have the fish, and she'll have the steak" nonsense you see in fancy-shmancy western restaurants. Everything goes in the middle and you just dig in!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 am

That's just the best way to eat, in general. I've gone with friends in groups for a formal-ish restaurant meal sometimes, and there is nothing awkwarder than everyone having their own dish when we're all so used to sharing around whatever we got at the cafe, or grocery store, or the cute pizza place across the street. So then, similar to what you said, we end up stealing each other's food and making a game of it, or it all goes in the middle.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Iroh: It's nice to see old friends!
Zuko: It's too bad you don't have any old friends who don't want to attack you.
Iroh: Hmm. Old friends that don't want to attack me...

Oh Iroh! My favourite character!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 pm

I KNOW ME TOO.

So. Much. Love.

#totallycriedattheIrohandZukoreunion

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

It's unfortunate to know that Iroh can definitely not be in the Legend of Korra. He and Aang have definitely passed away by that time. It's actually kind of sad, because it takes place 70 years later, and Aang is 13 by the end of the series. That would make him 83 if he were still alive, but Korra is 17-years-old. That means he passed away at 66 years old, which is a somewhat long life, but suggests he was killed instead of dying of old age.

I am hopeful to see Sokka as an old man though. That would make my decade!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Old man Sokka? OH HEAVENS, HELP ME. I WOULD DIE OF LAUGHTER.

Better yet, Suki is still alive too. Cue old couple shenanigans! Can't you just see them, sitting on the front porch, he with some silly little invention, she with her fans.

Sokka: *makes Sokka-ish comment*

Suki: *hits him with her fan*

True love.

I heard that the person who voiced Zuko is coming back to play some role connected to Zuko, but what exactly is not known...

Then again, Aang was technically 166.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Bahaha! I want to see old Sokka/Suki awesomeness. Suki did *not* get enough screen time. As my favourite secondary character, I would have liked her to become a main character long before Boiling Rock. And I liked Sokka+Suki way more than Aang+Katara.

At the very least, there needs to be their grandchild (who's inherited Sokka's wit) in Legend of Korra. As it is, it seems Bolin (an Earthbender) is the new comic relief character. Since he's an Earthbender, he could have been Suki's grandson because she's from the Earth Kingdom, albeit not a bender herself. Unfortunately, Bolin's twin brother is a firebender, which makes it a little more unlikely that he's related to Sokka and Suki. I suppose their son/daughter could have married someone from the Fire Nation though.

I guess spending a century in suspended animation shortened Aang's active lifespan somewhat.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah.

I adored Sokka and Suki. Agreed, way better than Aang and Katara. Granted, however, at the end there I was all for Zuko and Mai. I had always liked them, but The Boiling Rock sort of sealed the deal.

"I LOVE ZUKO MORE THAN I FEAR YOU"

I would just like to say that I was all for Sokka and Suki with a passion from her first episode. None of this Yue nonsense.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm

That scene for Mai was really epic! Azula got her just desserts in the end.

Sokka's relationship with Yue seemed a little forced, and solely for plot development. That, or it was just infatuation with her shiny white hair. On the other hand, both he and Suki are warriors, and there was overall more chemistry. Also, the Kyoshi Warriors are just awesome on their own.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Shiny...white....hair....is...shiny.... O.O

Yeah, the warrior chemistry was essential to their relationship.

Kyoshi Warriors ROCK. So freakin' cool. Then again, most of the female characters on that show rock. Actually, all the characters rock. What am I saying? I can't pick and choose in AVATAR. It's just too overall cool!

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm

What do you mean you can't pick and choose? The single best and most important character is obvious. Without him, Avatar wouldn't be half of what it is. Simply put, he makes the show.

And of course, I am talking about:

THE CABBAGE MERCHANT!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm

You win. However, I am not at all sorry to have been proven wrong, and in fact, accept this with such grace that I'm going to go find some clips of the cabbage merchant on youtube.

(You've got to admit though, the hippies are a darned close second)

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Haha, a montage off all the unfortunate times his cabbages were destroyed!

I liked the lazy hippy who played the drum.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 pm

The hippies and the Cabbage merchant are the best parts. Most definitely.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Here ya go, guys!

Albeit, there's a bit of a soundtrack through the entire thing...

...And Ba Sing Se's customs security is a bear. Oh frak.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:16 am

You said frak *giggletwitch*

D'Arvit, Zip, D'Arvit? *doublegiggletwitch*

Oh lordy.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 am

Yeeaaaaaahhh... Rolling Eyes

So stoked to find out what the Rhorzan riders are.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 am

Doesn't everyone say frak? And also gorram? I use gorram a lot more though, and fairly often too.

Battlestar Galactica or Firefly? It's a tough choice... but very different types of stories. BSG for an epic story, and Firefly for a more lighthearted, but still awesome story.

I wish I knew what D'Arvit was though. My nerdiness ends here Sad
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 am

Artemis Fowl. Woo! *shamelessly devours such books with great relish*

I love me some teenage evil mastermind books. Go Artemis! Go Holly! WOOOOO BULTER!
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 am

Ahm...Oh! It's from the Artemis Fowl series! Yeah! Very Happy

I know something that Nayaby doesn't! Whoooo! He shall never rise from the ashes of his shame and humiliation!

Whoooooo!!

EDIT: Oh, well, Areada got it then.

...My, ahm...gloating is null and void now I suppose. Sad
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum