Random happiness

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random happiness

Post by Lycanthrope on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 pm

On the D3 forums, someone was selling this amazing weapon at a high price, but requested only BIN (Buy It Now) instead of bidding, like an auction, the norm of how to buy things. One person asked: "Do you finance? I have excellent credit. I'll do 100k per week for, 60 months. Okay?"

Lycanthrope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm

I play TF2 and recently traded for an item I have always wanted, a strange backburner Very Happy

...anyone else play TF2 by the way?
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:46 pm

NEW HOBBIT MOVIE TRAILER! NEW HOBBIT MOVIE TRAILER! NEW HOBBIT MOVIE TRAILER!
Areada
Admin

View user profile http://spicedtoaststories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 am

I would just like to say that I think I didn't completely fail my Chemistry exam and only had to guess two or three small-point questions. Also, I think all my short-answers and definitions were pretty okay.

I feel alright about this. I mean, it's a hard class but the fact that I felt comfortable with the concepts and terms on the exam is really good, considering this is the first hardcore science class I have ever taken in my entire life.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 am

Congratulations! This is pretty early for exams though, isn't it? Even midterms. Maybe Canada does things differently.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:26 am

I guess where I live, exams and things are kind of up to the instructor and how they want to structure their class. I've had classes with only a midterm and final and maybe a paper or two, and I've had classes with no midterms, no finals, and only papers. This semester I have a class with five or six exams over the course of the semester, and no cumulative final. Other classes I have include three big-ish exams over the course of the semester and a cumulative final. It really depends on the instructor. You don't always get typical schedules in the U.S. I know it's not just my college either, because my friend who goes to school elsewhere has similar differing schedules, depending on the class. Honestly, I kind of like it because it often means you're not bogged down for ONE TERRIBLE WEEK in exam hell. Things tend to get spread out more if you're lucky and even if the time around finals is still stressful, it's less that you have exams every day and more that all that homework you kept putting off is finally due.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am

Haha, true. Fortunately, it's only exam week for midterms for me. Finals take place over a month, so you usually have at least three days between them! Only three of the five courses I'm taking this semester have finals, the other two are more content based (Writing for Social Science; and Academic Learning & Success). My other three courses are Psychology, Criminal Justice, and Social Problems. I don't actually get to take Canadian Law until next semester. I'm looking forward to that. And Sociology.

In an upper year I may wish to take Linguistics as an elective. I've always been enamored by the nuances of language. Not to say I'm fluent in anything other than English... I may just audit it.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am

I think I'm just going to go hardcore into classics when I transfer. Beowulf, Greek plays, art history...latin latin latin latin <3

Of course, I could always double-major too. And probably will. I just have to find something awesome to do while I work on my first love of classics.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Are you transferring at the end of the academic year, or next semester? The classics are awesome. I took a course in Greek and Roman literature/history in my twelfth grade. I really enjoyed it, and won the Award for Classics too! The prize was a dictionary of classic words and phrases. Really awesome. My school offered Latin instead of French, but I took French... I wish I had taken Latin.

Given my predisposition for language, my first choice of major was Journalism, but unfortunately I wasn't accepted into the program I wanted. I probably ranted about this over the summer somewhere. My second choice was legal studies, because it's really all about language and it's nuances. Failing to get into journalism was probably a blessing in disguise.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:43 pm

This is kind of random, but I'm trying to name a male Bulbasaur and male Eevee that I intend to evolve into a Vaporeon. For the Bulbasaur, I keep thinking Audrey, but that's too feminine for a male bulbasaur as much as I adore Little Shop of Horrors. As for the Vaporeon, I want a slightly effeminate male name. I'd name the Vaporeon Audrey, but that name always conjures up the image of an evil plant... so it won't work.

Yes, I'm a little obsessive about naming xP
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:39 am

Kit, for the Vaporeon?

I mean, Kit's usually a female name, but Kit Fisto, so maybe?

But really, what's wrong with naming a nice innocent Vaporeon after a plant that eats people and takes over the world?
Besides grass beating water?
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Totally random happiness thing: my writer's block is broken! I'm writing the best short story I've ever done (short story is a hesitant description; I'm just going to follow it where it wants to go, it might be more than just a "short" story), in my opinion. Probably because I'm not planning anything and just letting it flow as it wants to... why I never did that like this (I did it in other, constricting ways) is beyond me; My fan fictions are always easy to write because I do it like that, so I should have realized that's what was stopping my other stories. I'm not a "planning" person when it comes to stories, apparently. Which is strange, since I plan everything else. Maybe that should stop to, and things will go their own course...
Elfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 am

Happy October everybody!

Halaloween season! Dress up as food that adheres to the dietary restrictions of Islam!

Next weekend I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas.

THIS IS HALALOWEEN! THIS IS HALALOWEEN!
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:25 am

Oooh! October! I can actually let myself start thinking about Halloween. Not that I didn't before, but now I can actually start getting things around. :{D Oh this makes me absurdly happy. Even though I still have about an hour to go before October.
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 am

No Halloween in most places here. Oh well, I didn't like it much later, except the dressing up part, which can still be done here. I'm looking forward to Vasenacht though!!

http://german.about.com/od/culture/tp/Fasching-In-Germany.htm If you google Fasnacht you can see pictures! The witch things have always scared me. But it's awesome and I can't wait!!
Elfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Just watched the most intense video about the Ice Man in my Criminal Justice lecture. This guy was the most unfeeling, business-like mafia hitman ever! He managed to balance a Jekyll and Hyde existance, a kind and loving husband and father of three kids, and a brutal killer. It's beyond me how a person can ever do that?

He's inspired me too :/ I may just base a character on him. Probably in Lycan's The Answers RP, because I already established Fringe, an Undercity gang.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I wish more people were into the RP like you Nayaby, Razz -hint hint-

Lycanthrope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Things are good. Life is better. Yay.

Very Happy

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 pm

My work gave me an ipad today. Well, it's loaned to me. For use as my own, provided I learn how to use it inside and out and learn one mobile gaming app inside and out so I can teach it and help write curriculum.

WHAT IS THIS GLORIOUS MADNESS? *in shock*
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am

Also I literally just found out that this amazing author I like and I both had the same first chapter book experience, with the Chronicles of Narnia. He was describing Aslan, and how he can remember so many of the things and has this amazing sense memory of the things in the books, like smells and feels, and I was like 'Oh my God me too..."

This has been a good week.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am

You won a free iPad! It's likes those banner adverts at the top of this page! Except real (albeit temporary)!

How strange O_o The Magician's Nephew was the first chapter book I read (not counting those "first reader" mass-produced books little kids get). Chronicles of Narnia was awesome, but C.S. Lewis was definitely Islamophobic... I don't hold it against him, I guess, since it was the popular opinion in his region at the time, but The Horse and His Boy really upset me, what with the blatant "evil Arab" characters.

Edit: I had to look up the names since it's been so long since I read it, but the Calormenes were parallel to Lewis' perception of Muslims, and Tash was a parallel to his perception of Allah.

Which is ridiculous because Allah, Jehovah and Yahweh are three names for the exact same deity. The same! So many anti-Islamic arguments fail to recognize that...
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:31 am

You know, C.S. Lewis makes a point in The Last Battle (which otherwise is not his best book at all and I think is weird and kind of creepy) that if you do good by your deity, you're fine. He was pretentious in that claim, but hey, at least he's attempting to be a decent person.

I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe first. It still remains one of my favorite books. It's beautiful and I adore that book so much. I actually love all of the Narnia books, barring Last Battle, which makes some okay points but is too wrapped up in Lewis's rather strange conceptions of judgement and the ending of the world. (Although the plotline with Puzzle is pretty damn good, but some of the other stuff is really unnecessary.)

I have to admit that Horse and His Boy is my favorite of the lot in terms of solid characters, though. Lewis was rather very racist (but so was Tolkien to some extent), but I cannot get over the fact that the main characters in that book are more fully realized than most of his other characters in the Narnia books. The four main characters are really solid, in my opinion. There's the beginnings of a romance, which you never get in his other books. I really enjoy that book as a character piece.

That being said, Edmund Pevensie is my Most. Favorite. Character. Of. All. Time. Ever.

(Allah, Jehovah, and Yahweh could be considered the same deity, but admittedly, the Christian God is Yahweh, Jesus, AND The Holy Spirit. The concept of a trinity is integral to Christan theology.)

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm not getting my Wisdom Teeth taken out today, as was my original plan. YAY!

MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:20 pm

ONLY TEN MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 pm

...where do you live Shocked