Random happiness

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random happiness

Post by MozytheHealer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Manga. Shakespeare.

*dies*

For some reason it was really funny and appalling at the same time.

O.o
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Okay, so I was reading Einstein's "Relativity: The Special and General Theory; A Clear Explanation that Anyone can Understand", and then I thought I was reading something that Zip wrote.
I mean, it kind of made sense for the first two thirds of the book (as far as Relativity can, anyways), but then I get to this part:
Einstein, actually, wrote:
For this reason non-rigid reference-bodies are used which are as a whole not only moving in any way whatsoever, but which also suffer alterations in form ad lib. during their motion. Clocks, for which the law of motion is any kind, however irregular, serve for the definition of time. We have to imagine each of these clocks fixed at a point on the non-rigid reference-body. These clocks satisfy only the one condition, that the “readings” which are observed simultaneously on adjacent clocks (in space) differ from each other by an indefinitely small amount. This non-rigid reference-body, which might appropriately be termed a “reference-mollusc,” is in the main equivalent to a Gaussian four-dimensional co-ordinate system chosen arbitrarily.
... What the mollusc?
I mean, literally, this is a recreational book on relativity, written by the guy who came up with relativity.
What the spiced toast are molluscs doing there?
Spoiler:
I mean, there is the possibility that there was some translation issue (I don't know German) -- but I check Google Translate, and there didn't seem to be any alternatives...
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Maybe it's a metaphor? Somehow non-rigid reference-bodies are similar to squishy animals inside a hard shell?
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Maybe. Still... On the list of metaphors to use for potentially confusing physics concepts, you'd think "jelly" would come significantly before "molluscs". With maybe "cells" and "slightly damp cardboard boxes" somewhere in between.

As it is, I now have the image of the entirely of space-time consisting of molluscs squished together almost, but not quite, along a regular grid.

Molluscs, which, being reference-molluscs, will very helpfully direct you to the part of space-time which is most likely to contain the information you are searching for.
And possibly glasses.
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 am

You know you have a good job when one of your bosses sends a link to a live kitten feed to the whole department.
Areada
Admin

View user profile http://spicedtoaststories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

I would just like to say that I successfully fit all my notes that I needed for my big exam tomorrow on a 3/5 index card and I didn't need to cut anything down. Thank goodness for word processors and printing, huh? I could never do that with my REAL handwriting.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I found a stir-fry place in one of the big campus buildings I spend a bunch of time in (though it is not the school I go to!). Noms noms noms. Broccoli & beef and sesame chicken and THREE KINDS OF RICE and it's all so deliciously cheap...

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

STIR FRY! That's win! You win! Win!

There's this Vietnamese place I know that serves these GIANT bowls of spicy epic soup with plenty of meat and good stuff inside for about $5. Unfortunately, it's all the way in downtown Toronto so I don't actually go very often. If only there was cheap awesome food place that I knew of near where I study.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 pm

My big essay is done! Yay!

By mrain is phried, so even tough I want to right posts for the rps, ill' have to wait tilll tomoroe to give by mrain some rest.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:52 pm

There are a bunch of new Skyrim DLCs that have me exciting to play the game again! Buuut... my current character would be incompatible with them new DLCs because I've so heavily modded his game xD

In any case, Jeran's story is over anyway. He's gone and saved the world, and become the greatest thief in the land of Skyrim! New character time!

Starting this winter break, of course. I just want opinions on what kind of character I show make this time. Jeran was an archer-assassin. Sniping enemies from far away and rarely having to fight hand-to-hand was awesome, but now I want something a little more action-y.

Should I go pure Mage? Rocking atronach summons and a flurry of magical mayhem? Or should I go shield warrior? Shield warriors are awesome, but I hate having the shield take up so much of the screen... meh. I could play a Spellsword! But Spellswords are so overused... hmm...

I'm very tempted to go pure Mage, with Robes and awesomeness...

Edit: Ooh, I've decided to go Weapon/Shield warrior. The coolness factor alone makes it worthwhile! I'll put zero perks into magic.

Now I'm just thinking about being Orc or Redguard. Hmm...
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

... ... ...

Yeah...

I'm pretty homesick. Haven't been home in a few months...

Also...

I miss Skyrim.

Mostly Skyrim.
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

The first thing I'm gonna do when I go on Christmas break is play skyrim.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 am

The best way to play Skyrim:

1. Disable Quick Travel so you can only travel to different holds quickly by renting a wagon.
2. Download the hunger/thirst/tiredness mod for realism, and to give food an actual purpose.
3. Download a camping mod complete with tents, sleeping rolls, a fire for cooking.
4. Download the Ultimate Follower Overhaul mod which allows you to have multiple followers with you at once, allows you to fully customize their equipment, and levels them up with you.
5. Download the Followers Can Ride Horses mod.

Optional:
6. Download the Deadly Dragons mod, which makes dragon fights epic and adds a dozen new types of dragons including Forest Dragons, and Vampiric Dragons, etc.
7. Download the Warzones mod, which adds random Stormcloak vs. Empire battles while you travel, so it feels like an actual civil war! Assist your side!
8. Make NPCs and your dogs/horses invincible so dragons don't eat them all. They'll still yield when they lose all their HP, but won't permanently die!

Yeah, lots of mods. But in my opinion, the game is more fun with them!
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 am

So it's really annoying to only be able to hear out of one earbud, but after two years, one gets used to it. My reaction to the non-broken iPod:

OHMYGOSHICANHEARALLTHEINSTRUMENTSSSSS!!!!!

This is really really weird.....
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:57 am

I have a presentation tomorrow. This is kind of awful, BUT FOR THE FACT that my presentation is on catalysts. A chemistry thing.

BUT

some books I really like also use the term catalyst, but obviously a different context. So I will be giggling internally during the whole presentation thinking about the books instead of chemistry, probably.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHbO1MHXuI

Yes, I have nothing better to do with my time than watch Cops: Skyrim. Yay classes are over! Finals next week, but right now I'm free! Ish!
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 pm

ON MY WAY TO HAND IN MY LAST PAPER

The end is nigh! O great happiness! Winter Break!

only finals left

Finals best beware. Areada is preparing the war paint & sharpening her pencils.

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Yay Winter Break! Just a few more weeks for me too!

Okay, I promise this will be my last Skyrim-related post for... at least 24 hours!

I came up with a neat build on the way home, and wanted to share it! I call it the Field Commander build! Much different from your usual Assassin or Warrior! It's effectively a Mage-hybrid build. It requires the Ultimate Follower Overhaul mod to work because that mod allows you to have multiple followers, followers level up with you, and you can give mass orders to groups of followers. All of this is necessary for being a "Field Commander"!

The build itself requires Illusion and Restoration magic, with optional Conjuration if you want. It also requires Light Armor for mobility, and Block for defense. Your crafting skills should be Smithing and Enchanting, to make awesome gear for your followers!

Your character should have no weapon proficiency or offensive magic. The only direct offense the Field Commander is permitted to use is Dragon Shouts. Rather, the Field Commander runs around the battlefield, giving his/her allies orders, healing them with Restoration, and buffing them with Illusion. They carry a shield for when enemies get too close, and can shield bash, but can't use other weapon attacks.

I think this build would be absolutely epic paired up with the Warzones mod!
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:23 pm

As I go into a week and a half of finals, I got to drop some stuff in a class because well, just the sheer amount of homework. Everyone got to drop some stuff. And I went up two points from an AB to an A...
I might actually get an A in this class now. If, you know, my project wasn't terrible and I ace the final...

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 pm

I'm currently listening to an audiobook of Artemis Fowl and he has an Irish accent. This makes me incredibly happy. :{D
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 am

HOBBITHOBBITHOBBITHOBBITHOBBITHOBBIT!!!!!!!
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 am

HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT!

GOOD MOVIE

VERY GOOD MOVIE

I have my criticisms, but overall VERY GOOD MOVIE
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Also known as the least productive song to ever exist.

Last edited by Zip on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : of course this belongs in this thread)
Zip
Zhe Moron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aequus on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 am

HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT!!!
[/AllCaps]

Oh-my-aads-Radagast-squee. ("On the tip of my tongue...")
AND ANDY SERKIS!!

Also, erm... I saw the opening night midnight-to-three show...
And had a huge math test the next day...
(Aequus is completely insane...)
But it was so worth it.
Aequus
Bringer of Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Haha, Aequus, Mozy and I did the midnight one as well. xD We were terribly spazzy and geeky. And I had a final the next day. Oh well!

Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top