Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better)

5 posters

Go down

Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better) Empty Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better)

Post by Zip Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm

I, like most people in this crazy town we call society, need a youtube video to tell my friends I love them, so here it goes, I suppose.

Oh. Right. "What is love?" should be clarified before we start here. So, previously, I was under the assumption that love was "the desire for your infant and/or beloved to not harm you," but more recently, I guess I've polished it out to be more, "that weird, deep, special connection you feel with someone." Is that deep? It doesn't feel deep. I mean, it's no "battlefield" analogy. But we can't all be *looks it up* Pat Benitar.

So now it's this portion of the thread.

Guys.

I joined when I was eleven, or something. I totally lied. It's been three years. I'm going to high school next year. I have stupid friends in the other world who love fro-yo and Doctor Who, and they're okay with me being stupid, too.

You guys, though, you guys are pretty darn special. I'm not sure how we ended up together. Sure we banded together due to a shared interest in fantastic MMO's and/or a faith in the creators' of our favorite online pets game((Ironically, I'm pretty grateful to Neopets: The boards sort of taught me the basic principles of Netiquette)), but for some reason, we still managed to stay together. Even when they moved us. And they moved us again(losing the old boards), and stuck us with Off-Topic. Then they moved us to a proper space. So that was pretty cool. Oh. And that indeterminate amount of time inbetween where the forums were completely gone.

But then they had to go and fail as a business. Ugh. That was an awful move on their part.

Throughout it all, though, we stuck together. Mostly. I'm not sure why, though. Was it a burning sense of company loyalty? A shared interest in rad writery things? I mean, in the desolate, free haven known as the internet(I really should stop, these are getting worse), we sort of hung around. Even after all that. I like to attribute it to you guys being twelve different kinds of amazing, each one better than the last.

Oh God. What have you done for me?

One, you guys made a better writeeeeeeerrrrrr. I really don't like my writing. But a lot of people do, apparently. I have room to improve, though. For instance, I'm pretty sure I unintentionally made Alice(the mayor girl whatever) mary-sue-ish. I sort of do that, accidentally. Sorry. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! *jazz hands*
You guys. You anti-oxidants of the grape juice are exceptionally wonderful at this sort of business.

Also? You guys are pretty nice. That's all, really. Nice. I don't want to say that's a rarity on the internet, or even in the world, but you guys are special. You fellows are funny without being mean and there's always a giant wagon of support and welcome-age here.

And that's actually pretty terrific.

So, yeah. I suppose I love you guys. Hearts and all.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better) Empty Re: Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better)

Post by Nayaby Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 am

Alice is a Mary Sue? I didn't pick up on that. I'm kind of preoccupied with Artur being a Gary Stu though, since I assumed everyone would be starting off with relatively powerful characters at the start. Which is why I've now brought in Siraj, who's considerably less powerful than Artur. I had hoped to have gotten it over with by now, but we seem to be running slowly so I may as well say it. I'm trying to turn Artur into a tortoise. Temporarily, of course. Just until everyone else is powerful enough that Artur won't be a Gary Stu any more. Hehe.

It really has been years, hasn't it? It really is pretty amazing that we've manage to survive as a ragtag online community for so long. I definitely stuck around for you guys by the way. I definitely lost interest in Meteor Games very shortly after they dropped the Twin Skies project. That interest sort of built up again with VPN, but when that went down I really didn't care for the company any more. I stuck around solely for you guys! (Well, you may recall I took a yearish long hiatus but... I came back Very Happy)

Over the years we've lost a few friends, and made a few new ones, but as a community we have survived. There's probably a deep and profound metaphor that could be said here, but I think I'd just sound pretentious if I tried that xD

While we're being all heartfelt and such, I'd like to say a few words to all of you!

Zip: I'll be totally honest with you. When we first, uh, 'met' is the word I suppose. When we first met, I thought you'd be one of those folks that though "Oh cool, roleplaying! This should kill a few minutes" people that play for a little while and then quit cold turkey. Those people tended to show up on the MG roleplaying boards every so often back in the day, you see. Also, I sometimes had trouble deciphering your posts because they were kind of Douglas Adams-y. Since then, your writing has really improved, and we've become great friends! This place just wouldn't be the same without you bro!

Jasmine: You're only of my oldest friends from Meteor Games, and we've had quite a run! I remember that one-on-one RP we had for a while, before Meteor Games unexpectedly deleted their entire forums (R.I.P. Willow). You introducted me to Deviant Art, but then I got really self-conscious about random strangers reading my writing and kind of vanished from there... Heh. And now you're starting a new chapter of your life in a brand new country, and I wish you all the best!

Draco: You've always been very mysterious about showing your true nature, and in that sense you're a roleplayer who's always in-character! Unless of course you really are a demonic overlord, in which case I implore you not to zap me with lightning (please!). In the years we've known each other, I've watched you progress from writing one-liners without a punctuation mark in sight to being a terrific and creative writer (with a slight tendency to overdo explosions Razz). My widdle Drakey-wakey's all grown up! *pinches cheek*

Joey: It says something about the hegemony of Western culture that I assumed for years that you were a white guy. Even though I'm a brown guy myself. When I found our you were Asian I was kind of embarrassed by my own predisposed way of thinking. We've been friends since nearish the beginning of Meteor Games, and you've been great to RP with. I love your sci-fi ideas we've tried out, even though none of our sci-fi RPs really took off. In particular, there was that one roleplay I can't remember the title of, but there was that space ship Minerva (I believe), and I played a cyborg woman (I think). I thought that was going to be awesome, but unfortunately it was cut short (like so many other roleplays, I guess xD).

Red: You haven't logged in for a while, so I doubt you'll see this Sad You were great to RP with and a lot of fun. Nearly all your characters were named Blaze, weren't they? Maybe Blaze to return in Clueless if you ever read this!

Lupia: I hope you still lurk, because you need to read this! You've been around since the beginning! The plotlines you developed were dark and awesome, and you were always a lot of fun to write with! I don't remember the title of the roleplay, or even the context since it was so long ago, but I remember the imagery of your writing. Some great dark beast that our heroes had to face, though they were frozen in terror!

Inklai: You were also known as "The Other Draco" before MG reset the forums and you were able to select a new username. You've also been with us since the beginning. I remember Maple, from Willow the Canopy Elf. You were a roleplayer for a very long time, and it would be awesome if you'd join us again!

Aequus: I always thought your username was awesome. Equus, horses! With an 'a' stuck in for good measure. Did you misspell Equus by accident or do that on purpose? Hehe. You've been lurking since we set up these new forums, and were a great RPer back during the MG days!

Mozy: You've definitely got a lot of potential! It's particularly started to shine recently, with the epic plot twist of your character and her brother in Clueless being the murderers :O What's there motivation? Who else are they targeting? We don't know, but we hope to find out soon! *hint hint people need to post in Clueless hint hint who's turn is it anyway? hint hint*

Harry: You probably don't realize this, but you may just be cause of our little community. You founded Willow! Why is that important? Well, besides the fact that Willow was awesome: Areada, Draco, Lupia, and Inklai were four of the main players in Willow throughout. Willow was the first very successful roleplay on the Meteor Games forums. Thanks to you, those four wound up roleplaying together, and then the rest of us (myself included) wound up joining in. Would we still exist without Willow? It's possible, I guess, but I'm certain we wouldn't have become such long-lasting friends if it hadn't been for a certain Canopy Elf bounding through the treetops (and her unexplained disappearance)!

Picasso: I don't know if you ever joined a roleplay, to be honest. But I've known you since the Meteor Games days. You always had the same avatar as me Razz Thanks to you we know about Playsaurus, the spiritual successor to Meteor Games. With a company like Nexon backing Playsaurus, I have a good degree of faith in them. They certainly seem to be doing better than Meteor Games in the short time they've been along. Cloudstone maintains the witty banter of VPN, but adds action-oriented gameplay! My one gripe with VPN was that as awesome as the banter was, the game was just that: all banter and no game. I look forward to seeing where Playsaurus ends up in the future!

Michael: Did you think I forgot about you? Nope! I saved you for last, of course! To put it simply: you are one of the best friends I've ever had the fortune of knowing. I hope you can forgive me for not writing anything for Skybound in the last little while. I really have been busy, and to be totally honest, a little "out of the zone." I can't insult you by writing something half-arsed, now can I? I think I need to re-read what we've written so far, as well as our planning banter, so I can get my mojo back on! I've always been impressed by your creativity. I remember the very first roleplay I joined was that one with the travelling circus performers. I was Djinn Vandalin, the blind seer! I thought blind people with psychic powers were had immeasurable coolness, you see. And there was Bonnie. The quintessential mysterious antagonist. When Willow was going fairly slowly, I wanted to learn more about this mysterious character, so I jumped at the invitation to join and get the ball rolling again! It didn't exactly work though, either because the forums were deleted or because things didn't really pick up again regardless. One of my favourite RPs that unfortunately didn't reach its prime was "A Ballad of... Something." I believe that's the roleplay where I first introduced an incarnation of Artur. Your character was the witch Sophie, I believe. There was so much potential there too! Ah, I think we had RP OCD back then, and made too many new RPs too often, leaving old ones to die... xD Anyway, here we are now: still friends after has-it-been-five-years-now? That's pretty awesome. Pretty unlikely too, when you think about it. And after all this time we've both really grown as writers, I think.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better) Empty Re: Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better)

Post by Draco Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:02 am

You guys really are my oldest internet friends/victims, with one exception. I actually tried to introduce that exception to the forums, but it didn't work out so well.

That alone is reason enough to stick around. Although, the fact that people keep nudging back in your direction doesn't hurt. If it wasn't for Red, I'd have never known about this place, most likely. You guys are pretty awesome and have humored the evil overlord in me.

That said, explosions cannot be overdone, they can only be underdone. Thus explosions can never be big or numerous enough.
Draco
Draco
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I know I haven't really been on lately, due to extreme busyness and tiredness and such, but you guys are awesome. I knew about you all(sort of...) from Areada years before I joined(I would read over her shoulder occasionally) and could not wait until I turned 13(I eventually just lied about my age anyways, though).

Anywho, you are all epic(and have reminded me that I really should probably get back to fine-tuning Opal and Emerald's background/motive stuff...), and by RPing here I have gotten much more comfortable with my writing(which is getting better...very slowly...). Less than three all of you!!!!!! :{D
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 am

Nayaby wrote: Joey: It says something about the hegemony of Western culture that I assumed for years that you were a white guy.

Haha! I am probably the least Asian person around. I embrace Western cuisine over Asian, despise fobs, and flee at the mere sound of k-dramas/pop. I totally understand if I seem Caucasian, Razz.

On another note, my creative juices are always pouring, yet the devotion and fervor the write is not. Most of the time, you guys ignite excitement into me. However, lately, with work and personal problems, I have shoved creativity aside for the real world. My apologies. I feel pathetic compared to you phenomenal writers who constantly, or at least try, post on the role-plays.

But never fear, I shan't dispensary. Smile

And Nayaby, what about striking another sci-fi role-play? Haha! I promise to be active if that's the last thing I do!

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Hehe, I adore Asian food myself. I particularly love spicy Xiang Chinese food and sushi! One of my Korean friends made this delicious rolly thing once too.

To be totally honest, I'm a "foody." I'll try absolutely anything once, as long as it's not in violation of my religion's food rules that is. I didn't think I'd like beef tripe, for example, but it's great!

On one hand, I want to do a sci-fi roleplay. On another hand, I don't want to see the already slow Clueless RP suffer. On my third hand, it would be nice to get people excited again. Your call!

Yet another heartsy-fartsy thread(but this one's better) Raoul
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down