Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Town Called Clueless Discussion

+5
Zip
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Nayaby
Areada
9 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

The scariest thing is I know people who study in London, Ontario. In fact, I applied and got into Western (though I decided to study elsewhere). I could have witnessed the fiery riot first hand :/

And silly Areada. Squirrels lack the vocal structure to speak Elvish Razz Perhaps you could teach them to understand Elvish instead? A cockatoo or African grey parrot would probably be your best bet if you're intent on teaching an animal to speak Elvish. A dolphin could probably understand it best though, although they have the same problem as squirrels...

Zip, we're comparatively a single grain of sand in the Sahara, but that hardly makes us insignificant. Imagine finding the single diamond grain amongst all the dirt?

Essays? I've never formally organised my thoughts on life, the universe, and everything before. Sounds like fun stuff! But don't expect to see my completed works very soon, haha.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Elfie Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

I take that line of thinking in my depressed days... I've been thinking a lot lately about why we're here if we're gonna die anyhow... And most of us are insignificant.. it's just the few who do something amazing or worthwhile who aren't (but this is one of those 'what's the point?' days for me so don't mind me).

Ha, don't expect my opinions in an essay anytime soon, either. I've discovered thinking these things is easier said in my head than on paper... and I'm so biased in regards to a few things which makes it hard to write semi-impartially. =/

That is scary, Nayab.
I don't why they think getting drunk and doing that stuff is fun or fine... it's not worth the few hours of 'joy' in my eyes. But then again, I avoid that stuff so I don't know what they get out of it...
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I suppose as a religious person, I've never dwelled on the question of "Why are we here?" at great length. Doing amazing things is all well and good, but people should aim to do what they can, and not feel discouraged. It reminds me of the Starfish Thrower.

adapted from The Starfish Thrower, by Loren Eiseley wrote:
One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, "What are you doing?"
The youth replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die."
"Son," the man said, "Don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, "I made a difference for that one."

And, they lit a van on fire and smashed glass around, attacking police and being general nuisances. So... they did it for the thrills?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm not terribly religious... never have been, and less so now upon seeing, well, the way whatever being up there 'runs' things and allows things. I agree about doing what one can, on my good days. I mean, I see it on FB in the groups for LGBT's and the sharks. A little thing can do a lot of good for someone. I do get discouraged often, however.

I like that. I'm gonna write it down and read it when I get discouraged.

Well, I guess they did. Those sorts of things are just hard for me to wrap my head around. Do you just wake up one morning (or on a drinking holiday like yesterday) and think, today I'll get drunk and burn cars, attack cops and their cars, and do other crazy things in light of the day and the heck of it? I just don't get it. It's ridiculous.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 am

I was trying to make a Hitchhiker's reference((Was "insignificant blue planet" a phrase from the series, or did I get mixed up again?)), but I really do see your point.

I'm still fascinated by the spectacle that is life, y'know?

Actually, I think someone just goes about their day as usual, until someone recommends going out. They get wasted, and the rest is just...an unfortunate after-effect of getting drunk.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 am

Anyone who thinks "I was drunk" is a valid excuse for anything deserves the same fate as Hippolytus.

People who light a van on fire because "they're drunk" are just as responsible as if they were sober. They made the choice to drink, and so they MUST abide by the consequences of their actions in that state, as they made the conscious decision to drink in the first place.

It's different if somebody is drugged by a third party. Then, the victim didn't make the conscious choice in ingest the substance, so s/he isn't necessarily entirely responsible for his/her actions. But if a conscious choice is made to take a substance, every action taken by that person deserves to be dealt with as if s/he was sober.

That's my opinion.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 am

Oooh! I remembered this really neat website called Political Compass! It's a fun, short quiz that puts your political views on a graph, and compares them to famous politicians.

My results were:
Economic Left: 7.38/10 (as opposed to Economic Right)
Social Libertarian: 1.54/10 (as opposed to Social Authoritarian)

Makes a lot of sense, since I love the idea of Communism. I mean the actual idea, not how it works in practice.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

Oh, I've taken the test before. Once, I scored just about two or three points to the economic right of Gandhi.

Today I got this.

Economics: -4.75
And a social libertarian score of: 5.13 ((Or would it be -5.13 the way I phrased it? *shrugs* ))

I'm not really sure what to call myself, actually.

---

So...ahh...Anyone going to post on Clueless anytime soon?
Not that I want to rush you guys, or anything.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 am

Well, I posted right before Elfie. Artur's following Alice, and spoke directly to Jarvis Razz

Yeah, every time you take the test, you change a little. I'm always in about the same spot though. Pretty left-winged, and more libertarian than authoritarian. The reason my libertarian score is so low is because I have the firm belief that stupid people need to be regulated, so they don't keep doing stupid things.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 am

Economic Left: 4.62
Social Libertarian: 4.56

Honestly not quite sure what it means. Also not positive about what some of the questions meant either. But I do know that under five out of ten probably suits my tendency not to swing in the extreme of any direction...

Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 am

Iris, is, unfortunately, rather incorrect. The rhorzan riders could have snuck into town the evening before, for all she knows.

Woo. I have a fairly good idea for this first Clueless arc. You guys keep doing things and every now and then I'll put in a big plot thing. For now, it would be good to focus on the murder investigation, and the other plots you all have introduced.

I know who the murderer is! SO EXCITING. I love it. I should try to write murder mysteries because they are fun...

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 am

Ooooh! This is starting to be quite the epic!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 am

I would like to post in cloudstone roleplay, but I need a slightly different brain for it, which isn't here tonight. xD My sense of humor is sadly lacking due to homework. I shall post tomorrow, though.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 am

Yes, yes it is an epic! Muchly! Speculate! I love Alice's character, by the way.

I still need to figure out how/when to raise the stakes. I have a very vague idea, and it isn't for a while, but still...
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:39 am

But I do have some twists in store---muahaha.

Or at least one.

Ehh. I'm working on it.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 am

I have something! To private messaging!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm gonna post again as soon as the whole rider thing is over. Or I could have someone interrupt the riders, I guess, but I'm not sure what Areada has planned with them and I don't want to screw that up. I could totally have someone interrupt though. What do you guys think?
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Go for it. I'll update Iris, Cardy, and the Rhorzan riders as need be.

Never a bad idea to get everyone in one place.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 pm

I'll have you know that I intend to write my reply as soon as I'm done dinner.

Nom nom nom nom!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 pm

I have cupcakes. Nomssss.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:33 pm

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 7 Coolest-cup-of-coffee-birthday-cake-51-21351725

This is totally what you mean, right?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:35 pm

That didst make my life.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh yay! Roleplaying time again!

For some reason, I didn't see the forums light up when someone posted last night. Sorry.
But now I will brainstorm while attempting to finish stuff for the news show I have to do on Friday!
~Do do do, doooooooo!!~

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

OH GOD.

MY POST. IT'S GONE. ARRRRRRGGHHHH...
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Wait, no, you mean? Microsoft word crashed? Did it autosave?

ARGH!

That's the worst feeling in the world Zip! You have my sincerest sympathies. I'm sure your creative juices will return in time.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next