Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Town Called Clueless Discussion

+5
Zip
Elfie
Lycanthrope
Nayaby
Areada
9 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Areada Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 am

Yay face-breaking?

Moss is brilliant. So brilliant. He has this great episode where he like, gets on this game show that's like some super-ified weird scrabble-ish sort of thing, and..I don't know. It's funny. xD It's a funny show. Very funny. I need to watch it again.
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A Town Called Clueless Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: A Town Called Clueless Discussion

Post by Zip Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh crap. Mozy, did I exclude you on accident? Do you want me to rewrite my post so that the meeting takes place in public, or something, something...?
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 am

Or maybe something else might happen. I anticipate a good re-entrance of Doc soon to provide some conflict against Mozy's characters. Just a few more posts!

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

It's all good. Don't worry. I didn't even realize you had left me out. :{D
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 pm

*prod*
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

I... think I might have an idea to re-enter Mandy into the RP... I just don't want to step on anybodies toes by maybe messing up someone's idea...

I haven't posted in a long time. =/ Just got overwhelmed/confused with the long posts and the new characters... but I read it yesterday and I'm all caught up and understand. *nod*
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:00 pm

There are quite a few characters, aren't there? I'm definitely going to hold off bringing in any more for a long while. I don't really have an entrance available for my other characters anyway.

P.S. I'm not a fan of St. Patrick's Day. I. Hate. Teenagers.

Well, young adults too, to be fair.

That counts me, does it? Naaaaw...

I also dislike Tylenol, but this is just one of those days.

*has had one sentence written in Microsoft Word for the last hour and a half*

Edit: Well, there wasn't much else I could do anyway. A short post, but it does its job.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, there are. I'm only going to add Bradley because his entrance has been in my mind for a long while now...

I've always hated St. Patrick's day. School always seems to ruin such holidays for me... Ick, teenagers. I hate 'em too. So immature, at least the ones I know.

Haha, one word is better than none, which is what I have written. I would continue my series of short stories, but those are in an actual notebook, and my forefingers are swollen again so that's out; the pencil would make them unbearably painful. Wah. When is spring gonna come, and stay?!
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Spring's been a bit shy recently in Ontario. She keeps showing up, then leaving again. Snow one day, then rain the next day, then bright and sunny, and then a snowstorm, and then a thunderstorm. Make up your mind!

I think Spring's here to stay now, but this wouldn't be the first time I said that and got proven wrong the next day.

There were paramedics outside earlier. I wonder who drunk themselves to oblivion... That's the spirit of the holiday, I suppose!

How is your finger swollen? Is this a regular occurrence?
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm

That's exactly the weather we've had here, for about 2 weeks now! Well, minus the thunderstorm. Now spring is gone again, with snow this morning and then rain, and now dark clouds threaten one or the other again. Yesterday afternoon it was so warm that I had to take my shoes and socks off. What will it be tomorrow?

My fingers... Yes, regular in the winter/late fall/early 'spring' like now. It's worse with the temp. changes. My doctor said it's some sort of arthritis, but I'm more inclined, with a little research, to think it's chilblains. I'm going to see a dr. again after we've moved and get a second opinion. My toes get it too, but that's not as bad (though very bothersome and itchy) as my hands, which I need for writing. Circulation problem. When they get too warm too fast is when it happens, the itching. They don't get un-swollen right away, though. The get painful, too, with warmth. It's agony, especially in this drafty house where the heater does not help. They're just swollen now, though, not painful... they would be if they got warm or have something against the swollen part, like a pencil.
/end long explanation.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Ouch, that doesn't sound pleasant at all :/ Hope that clears away soon.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Nope, not one bit. Even when it isn't painful, it's still annoying since anything could trigger the pain. Hopefully it will!

Ahh, I'm actually having fun writing for Mandy again! I tried a couple of times to post before I got overly confused, but she wasn't working. This is nice! Smile
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:57 pm

*sigh* It's raining right now.

I'm really happy about that, but I know that it also means that winter is on its knees coughing up blood while spring is looking over it, decked out in full kevlar armor and wielding a really vague, but humiliating abstract weapon.

Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:32 am

Well, just to be the dissenter here (IN GOOD SPIRITS, OF COURSE, SO PLEASE IMAGINE ALL THIS WITH A BIT OF A GOOD-NATURED SNARK TONE OF VOICE), I like Saint Patricks Day, at least the part where I'm Irish and I'm actually celebrating the holiday, not being a wannabe and drinking myself to death. Also, I like teenagers. In fact, the world doesn't give anyone under the age of twenty-three enough credit. They're just as capable as anyone else, and have the potential to be just as decent as anyone else. The problem is that few people think they can, and therefore teenagers don't get the kind of decent, respectful treatment that would help them grow in productive ways.

Basically, I take issue whenever people group 'teenagers' as some sort of grouping of separate entities. We're all human, no age group is worse than another...

WOO

IN OTHER NEWS

GUESS WHAT I DISCOVERED TODAY

Let me put it this way

OMGLASERTAGISTHEBESTINVENTIONEVER

Okay

I may need to sleep off the effects of my evening.

Areada out!

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 am

Well, okay. I think I, myself, need to make myself a bit clearer (no worries, I didn't take offense to your post, Areada, just want to discuss it more good-naturedly) [Side note: why the heck does spell check say 'good-naturedly' is spelled wrong? Google says it's right, and now I'm confused and doubting my ability to spell].

I agree with you to a point, about the potential thing. However, I think that in this day and age, people aren't teaching their kids properly, and/or excepting them to be immature teens as that is what has come to be, well, expected. I hate it when I hear people say, 'well, he/she is a teenager! That's what teenagers do/say/etc.' or anything like that.

Oi, re-reading your post, I see that that is basically what you meant, just worded differently. I suck. Sorry. Embarassed

I guess I don't really hate teenagers; just their immature ways, which isn't really their fault, but their upbringing.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 am

'Zactly. Very Happy

Loved your post, Elfie. You know, there's this awesome villain whom I adore who is also named Bradley. He's sort of tragic, though, because he's insane, but you know, still a villain. But it's okay, I love him anyway. Unwillingly. *angry mumble about pathetic proposals in a graveyard*

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 am

Thank you! Smile I really like Bradley, haha. And he's easy to write for (why are villains always like that? Easy to write for and likable).

No idea who you're talking about, but those are the best kind of villains; there's an excuse for them to be evil and understandable. Cold-hearted, reasonless villains aren't as awesome, since you just hate them. In my opinion.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:13 am

I played laser tag once, and it was awesome! I wasn't horrible at it either! I wasn't particularly good either, mind you. Ha!

That's good on you! I'm a bit of a cynic though. I have a lot of problems with the values young people seem to take on. Older people too, for that matter, but like anyone I suppose I'm more prone to judging my peers. In fact, I always wilfully choose to be ostracised from my peers than sacrifice my own personal morals in favour of the social and cultural mores and norms I disagree with. Through personal experience, I've only seen that people have black and grey morality. Those few good people are so few and far between as to be impossible to locate and get to know. So, here I am with chronic social anxiety and dysthemia, a great deal of it probably self-inflicted. It's why my best friends are a group of people on the Internet I write stories with, and why I find myself totally incapable of forging meaningful relationships with my peers offline.

Areada, I'm certain you didn't mean to spark that odd speech from me, haha. I guess I just needed to vent my frustration somewhere...
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:30 am

Laser tag. Haha. A friends birthday party featured that. It's a blur. I was not good at all. Because I'd never heard of it, and no one explained how to play to me.

Nayab. I agree with you, as well. I suppose I have a weird viewpoint where I agree with you both since I tend to distance myself (not by choice at first, but now it has become so, sadly) from my age group. And other immature 'grown-ups' and analyze/judge them distantly. I have social anxiety too. I'm a cynic. Besides being immature, teens now seem to just... be stupid. Hateful. Not like in times past, where teens were grown-ups and were mature. <-- again, bad handling by whoever brings them up (said loosely). I'd rather not be friends with those people. I met a few good people online, and formed a group with them. They were nice, but then turned into backstabbers, haters, and one or two don't speak to me anymore. I don't trust easily anymore because of this. It seems the good people I find, are online and hundreds or more miles away from me, so there's no 'getting to know' each other in the 'real world'.

I could say a lot more on this subject, having a lot of opinions on mankind from observing them online and off. None too good. I don't believe in humanity, I'm afraid. It's why I write, I think, just to get back to the simple past, or a new world, where people aren't complete... well, you know. But I won't say more since I'd need to really think about it and organize my thoughts for a few hours.
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 am

Hrm. Your opinions are completely understandable, and actually similar to mine in some strange ways. I'm an incredibly cynical person, it's actually one of the reasons I've been able to form an optimistic view of the world, ironically enough! But one of the reasons I just can't despair of 'teenagers' is that I know a ton of adults, and they're just as bad. One of the greatest shocks (and most important learning moments) of my entire life was when I realized that adults are just teenagers who look older and have this broken concept called 'maturity' applied to them. I don't believe in 'maturity' as far as personality goes. I understand why people use the word, but it is too wrapped up in age norms for me to take it seriously.
(Also, when people say 'teenagers' do they also mean all the suffering African teenagers? The homeless teenagers of the world? The teenagers in haiti? The teenagers in the middle-east? We have very little basis for comparison, in some ways.)

Then again, throughout my life, I've been exposed to people of all ages continually, and age just doesn't matter to me at all in terms of judging one's humanity, so it gives me a wide scope with which to work with my feelings of morality.

I mentioned cynicism. I'm incredibly cynical. My unconditional love for the human race was born on the day I first despaired of it. Awkward!

That's all I can rant now, though, I'm afraid. To go any further would require a detailed explanation of my view of the world, and where my views come from, which no one really wants to read, probably. xD But this has been an incredibly intriguing discussion! For the record, I respect all of your opinions very much, and also love you all very much and would totally play laser tag with you all.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:21 pm

You two seem to be my kindred spirits. But, as Jazz said, we're so far away. It's almost droll.

You should know that when I used the word 'teenagers' I was actually referring to 'the seeming majority of teenagers and young adults between the ages of 17-24, that live in North America, think the best way to have fun involves short-term memory loss and vomiting, believe that the primary purpose of life is possession of a saturated libido, and have the annoying tendency to be obnoxiously loud when I'm trying to study or read a book.' I wasn't in the best of moods at the time xD

Age isn't the defining factor in judging someone's personality. It's just that age mellows a person out, and adults - while still possessing the same moral capacity of teenagers - are at least less prone to open rebellion.

Believe it or not, I'd actually would read both of your detailed explanations of your views on the world. I find this sort of talk fascinating. One of my favourite subjects is the human condition. There's a quote from Battlestar Galactica (of all the things... xD) that I really like:

"[I want to understand] why people do what they do. Why we cheat our friends, why we reward our enemies. Why we go to war, sacrificing our lives for lost causes. Why we build machines in the hope of correcting our flaws and our shortcomings. Why we forgive, defying logic and the laws of nature with one stupid little act of compassion. We're flawed. All of us."
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfie Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:52 am

Areada wrote: But this has been an incredibly intriguing discussion! For the record, I respect all of your opinions very much, and also love you all very much and would totally play laser tag with you all.

Very Happy Ditto that!

Nayaby wrote:You two seem to be my kindred spirits. But, as Jazz said, we're so far away. It's almost droll.

Believe it or not, I'd actually would read both of your detailed explanations of your views on the world. I find this sort of talk fascinating. One of my favourite subjects is the human condition. There's a quote from Battlestar Galactica (of all the things... xD) that I really like:

"[I want to understand] why people do what they do. Why we cheat our friends, why we reward our enemies. Why we go to war, sacrificing our lives for lost causes. Why we build machines in the hope of correcting our flaws and our shortcomings. Why we forgive, defying logic and the laws of nature with one stupid little act of compassion. We're flawed. All of us."

Indeed. It's really a bummer since I think we three would get along well. We'd have interesting discussions, for one, which I have never been able to have with my so-called 'real life' 'friends' as they'd rather go around having childish 'fun' all the time.

I like that quote! That's what I'd like to understand - I've never been able to word it well to myself, but that's just it exactly.
It is good subject matter for discussion; I love it. I just the need the right people, as aforesaid. Smile I think I'll take you up on giving you a detailed explanation, starting tomorrow when I have time to start writing them out (I always post/say something, and then end up realizing I'd forgotten to add something, so time to really think is needed). Especially in light of the newscast I just watched about what happened in London, Ontario yesterday with drunk college students. Quite dreadful and got me thinking about my views and our discussion right away. I already have some notes about how I feel down...
Elfie
Elfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

Discussions. Are. Fun.
If my friends and I don't end up in a discussion when we see each other, something is very wrong. Besides, I live for tangents. You may have noticed this about me. (HEY, LOOK, A SQUIRREL! I WONDER IF I COULD TEACH IT TO SPEAK ELVISH!)

While I have never used that particular example, most of my tangents are still that strange.

It's an excellent quote. I wonder those things all the time. I like to think about humanity because while, on a general level, it's humanity and life and that kind of explains everything, it's still so fun to wonder about the little things that make life what it is!

I would type up my analyzation of my views, but I think that would be a monumentous task not suited to someone with a very large assignment due yesterday. Perhaps sometime. Maybe I'll make an essay out of it. Or a meditation. It would end up being half prayer, probably, in some ways.

But I've got a great opening line.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm

I find it almost funny, actually. Here we are spinning 64,000 miles an hour around a sun going around a galaxy that may as well be chasing its own tail. Then here we are. Puny humans on an insignificant little blue planet, fully aware that we're going to die eventually, and instead of despairing about it, we reach out to one another.

Sure it gets pretty awful, sometimes to the point where I can't come up with a critical opinion on anything other then, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore," but I like to think that most of the time, it's actually pretty terrific. Wouldn't you say? Smile

That's...my view on the human race, I suppose.
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm

But we aren't insignificant, Zip. Very Happy Every one of us is profoundly significant in the simple fact that we are alive. But I know what you mean, actually, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your view at all. In fact, I like it a lot.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next