Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

+7
Aequus
Picasso
MozytheHealer
Zip
Elfie
Nayaby
Areada
11 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 6 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Nayaby Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:30 am

Anybody watch Murdoch Mysteries? I don't. But last Tuesday, they filmed the third episode they've filmed at my old high school. It slightly makes me want to watch the show. Slightly. But not really :/
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome) - Page 6 Empty Re: Talk About Television (because it can be pretty awesome)

Post by Nayaby Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Hahaha! It's back! Once Upon A Time, which wasn't quite as awesome as I'd hoped it would be but still worth watching the second season! I read somewhere that Mulan's going to be in this season. Pumped for that at least!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Such mixed feelings about Once Upon A Time. It's worth watching, but sometimes I wish it was better than it really is.

However, I haven't seen the new episode yet...must wait to watch it this evening...
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am

Huh.

Once Upon A Time

Spoiler:
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redpoemage Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:32 pm

That friend that I wrote that poem a while ago for got me to start watching Sherlock. If it weren't for all the homework I had I would be done with it by now...I speed through series I like.

Anyways, if you guys like mysteries I recommend it. A bit slow to start, but its good. VERY good.
redpoemage
redpoemage
Master of Icy Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh man, I have been into Sherlock since it started showing on PBS when it first came out in the U.S. IT'S SO GOOD I'M SO GLAD YOU'VE SEEN IT AND LIKE IT RED!!!!
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Not TV, but related! In Avatar: The Promise, Iroh invents Tapioca Tea Very Happy

He invents boba in the Avatar world!!!!

YAY!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 pm

IROH IS THE BEST
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MozytheHealer Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Iroh is amazing.
MozytheHealer
MozytheHealer
NinjaPirate Rubberducky

Location : Walking into Mordor with style, as that is obviously the best way to walk into Mordor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Now I'm pretty psyched for The Search, another Avatar comic trilogy. This one's all about Zuko's search for his mother.

Yes, we finally get to find out what happened to her! Hopefully Iroh will play a bigger part in this trilogy. During the events of The Promise, Iroh only appears at the beginning and the end, chilling in his tea shop (The Jasmine Dragon lives!) in Ba Sing Se.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Once Upon a Time spoiler follows:

Spoiler:
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Spoiler:
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:55 pm

You know, sometimes, there's just a day where you need to sit down with your homework-and watch Legend of the Seeker JUST BECAUSE

Yes, It's ridiculous and cheesy. Yes, their hair is always perfect. Yes, there are slow-mo action shots of drama and hilarity.

But, dammit, IT'S JUST SO RIDICULOUS I HAVE TO LOVE IT

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Maybe I should watch it. It's directed by Robert Tapert, right? Same guy who did Xena and Hercules. Legend of the Seeker sounds basically like it has the same "cheese-factor" with more modern action scenes.

Still, the sheer cheese of Xena and Hercules is kind of amazing, yet the characters are still awesome. My favourite character is Autolycus, whom I based my thief-character Siraj after.

Yes, I need a new show to watch, so I'll pick up Legend of the Seeker and Sherlock!

(Also, today I watched the weirdest Marvel cartoon where Spiderman and Wolverine switch bodies. Seriously, that's the plot. Spiderman keeps accidentally stabbing himself with his claws.)
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Legend of the Seeker is currently on HULU. Or at least the first season.

Yes, there is cheese. Lots and lots and lots of cheese.

But here's the thing. I kinda like some of it. I LIKE how the main characters are really noble (to the point of cheese) and it's kind of nice to, I don't know, watch them try to be good people. I actually think the main relationship is sweet, and sort of cute, even if it has a silly drama gimmick involved, the drama gimmick isn't really played for all the drama it could be and they have a very sweet (if cheesy) relationship. So like, I sort of don't mind the cheese, because it's silly cheese, but it's also cheese with noble morals (well most of the time).

And the actors are actually FANTASTIC. You wouldn't really know it because they do play vaguely generic characters, but on a couple of occasions the plot goes the ol 'switcheroo (like Spiderman and Wolverine!) in one way or another and wow, those actors are EXCELLENT when they have to do that.

Sherlock, on the other hand, is an incredibly impressive product of human creativity.

GO, MY FRIEND, WATCH IT ALL!

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm

I'll start with Sherlock then. I won't watch Legend of the Seeker until I finish Xena and Hercules, which I haven't yet because as awesome as it is, it's not a show you can watch a lot of in one sitting. Heh.

I start work (sort of) on Friday! Going for some training, since I need to know how to use the database and all that. From what I know about it so far, it's all very intuitive and easy to learn. I'm pretty happy since I've been looking for a part-time job since September.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Congrats on the job!

Sherlock is fantastic. And beautiful. And awesome.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Sherlock is awesome! Thanks for recommending it!

It's really a toss up between this Sherlock or Robert Downey Jr. Hmm... who do I like better...

Downey is a better Iron Man, I guess.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Downey is a good iron man. But dear lord, Benedict Cumberbatch is just brilliant. Ahhhhhh.

Honestly, the writing is just so spot-on and the dynamic between Sherlock and John is just so well done that even though the other sherlock holmes is pretty good, this is just...really fantastic. A really well done piece of art.
Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:46 am

Well thaaaanks Areada Razz You got me hooked on Sherlock, and now I'm going to go to bed really late and be exhausted when I have to wake up early tomorrow!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:51 pm

MwahaHAHAHA!

*cough*

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Almost done the third episode. Cannot start second season... must do other things... gaaaaah...

Three 90 minute 'movies' is an interesting way of making a series, isn't it? I kind of prefer it to 22-45 minute episodes.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 pm

I ADORE the 90 minute movie thing. So fantastic. You get a great amount of story.

There's only a few episodes, but for some reason I can watch these over and over. Seriously. People show up at our house and it gets to being late and we want to watch something and I'm like SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK YOU WILL LOVE IT. I had this friend, she was super into Sherlock Holmes when she was little, and still is, only she's a bit of a 'purist' you know? But my goodness, ten minutes into the first episode she was like AHHHH THIS IS AMAZING. Just goes to show : D

Pretty much everyone I know knows about Sherlock because of me. This friend I told you about, well she told another friend of mine xD and a bunch of other people. And in another social group, I did the same thing. CONTAMINATION OF THE SHERLOCK.

I'm sorry. I'm weird and excited right now because I'm getting so much homework done. And because I've been watching Legend of the Seeker and laughing my head off. Happy Areada and Legend of the Seeker hilarity = slightly volatile compound.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayaby Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm

WHAT! WHY DOES IT END ON A CLIFFHANGER?

I wanted to do something else tonight... like write, or homework... grrr.... now I have to watch the next episode!

*shakes fist while shouting* AREAAAAADAAAAAAA!!!
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Pff! At least you can SEE the next episode whenever you want. I HAD TO WAIT A YEAR.

Areada
Areada
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next