Spiced toast, and other stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012))

4 posters

Go down

Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012)) Empty Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012))

Post by Zip Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 pm

No, it's not a weird political thing. It's about something in Africa. Children, are, well...dying over there, and that's pretty terrible. You see, there's this...rebel leader fellow...Joseph Kony((no relation to ponies, I assure you)), and he's...ahm...

It's a video on how to stop him, basically. It's a pretty interesting watch. What makes this rather different than other...videos and campaigns, is that it's spreading like wildfire.

...I'll...shut up now since I'm awful at explaining this.
Sorry. silent
Ahm...I feel like I should say that there are a few...ahm...graphic images there, so it's not exactly safe for work.

((Oh, here's the official description.

"KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
Pledge your support at http://bit.ly/konydonate and continue to share this story." ))
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012)) Empty Re: Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012))

Post by Areada Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Saw it on facebook. It's everywhere!
Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012)) Empty Re: Alright. Last topic. Promise.-((Kony 2012))

Post by Nayaby Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 am

It is all over Facebook, and just about everywhere else. Of course, that's rather the point! But as important as it is to ensure justice is done to Kony, it should be the formal disbanding of the Lord's Resistance Army that takes priority. Far easier said than done, but any organization is capable of finding new leaders once the old ones are displaced.
Nayaby
Nayaby
Le Rogue en Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zip Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 am

Behold the power of the internet! Very Happy
Zip
Zip
Zhe Moron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycanthrope Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 am

No, behold the stupidity and ignorance of people. Invisible Children, the documentary, came out in 2006. I watched it in 2006 with my church, and we supported, as of now, 6 children so far. We find a new child to support every year. We are doing something now about it.

Behold, its 2012. People are saying "Omg, how sad." and move on with their lives. No one is doing shit about things in the world, regardless if the video goes viral or not. It pisses me off how all youtube comments now are Kony 2012. Sorry Internet, but you're 6 years too late to actually make an impact anymore.

Edit: I looked up the Invisible Children on Youtube, and compared views with that of Kony 2012. Kony 2012 has twice as many views as the Invisible Children documentary Part 1/6, which has the most. How sad, especially since that has been up for 4 years while Kony 2012 was up for 1 day.

Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Areada Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 am

Unfortunately, Lycan, what you say is only all too true for not only this situation, but for many others. Take, for instance, the terrible state of Haiti. They had that terrible disaster a while back. While sure, it's shocking for people watching tv at the time, unfortunately, seeing things on television does not have the kind of staying power that it ought to have. And the worst part is that Haiti was in terrible shape before their earthquake-it took a devastation to bring their suffering to light in the eyes of the world.

(My church, and the churches around it are heavily involved in continuing sending aid to Haiti at the present moment, so I know a lot about this)

It's frustrating. Grwar.

Areada
Areada
Admin

https://spicedtoaststories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down